tag - you're it!
Expect two more 'political' esseys soon, one on Glenn Greenwald and related, and one on the rise of fascism in America. I am just too fatigued tonight to complete and post them. So many more up my proverbial sleeve.
My journal has seen an increase in readership due to these cutting-edge, non-nonsense, devil-may-care, to-the-bone, extra special posts, relevant to the i.m.p.e.n.d.i.n.g. election. I know a 343 LJ ranking isn't amazing, but I think it is the highest I've ever gone - and I am not trying or caring. If I wanted to write for popularity, I could do better, but lose my soul and eventually mind. I write to be fun, thoughtful and real. Normally, a lot of people don't care to stop and smell my prose buds. But, these are heavy times. It is encouraging to see people actually read - I mean encouraging that some people care or think. Willing to keep an open mind. I see this whole country being turned inside out and it is terrible. I can't see not writing about it.
So, to you strangers that keep tuning in, while you wait for the next earth-shattering expose, (and I mean, like, shattering a dry ball of dirt), you might find more relevant posts by following my TAGS, which are now beyond 7,000 in number. (Soon, I will have to develop a tag system for my tag system). The problems and issues that are swirling around us, like heavy wet clothes in a hot and humid drier, have been mustering and oscillating for decades. Some issues are as deep as our own ancient past as humans - as animals even - even. So, my tags can help you explore some of that depth, if not density or depravity, and follow wherever new connexions may lead you. I really think that, in this age of 2-d screens, and talking head sound bites, and push-button attention spans, there is a need for everyone to develop bigger pictures inside their own heads, if only to keep them from reacting so mechanically or emotionally. I have an illness that predisposes me to hyper-reacting and stressing out, so I know how important this is, to keep a cool head when all else around you are losing theirs. Yes, that was Rudyard Fucking Kipling who said that.
My journal has seen an increase in readership due to these cutting-edge, non-nonsense, devil-may-care, to-the-bone, extra special posts, relevant to the i.m.p.e.n.d.i.n.g. election. I know a 343 LJ ranking isn't amazing, but I think it is the highest I've ever gone - and I am not trying or caring. If I wanted to write for popularity, I could do better, but lose my soul and eventually mind. I write to be fun, thoughtful and real. Normally, a lot of people don't care to stop and smell my prose buds. But, these are heavy times. It is encouraging to see people actually read - I mean encouraging that some people care or think. Willing to keep an open mind. I see this whole country being turned inside out and it is terrible. I can't see not writing about it.
So, to you strangers that keep tuning in, while you wait for the next earth-shattering expose, (and I mean, like, shattering a dry ball of dirt), you might find more relevant posts by following my TAGS, which are now beyond 7,000 in number. (Soon, I will have to develop a tag system for my tag system). The problems and issues that are swirling around us, like heavy wet clothes in a hot and humid drier, have been mustering and oscillating for decades. Some issues are as deep as our own ancient past as humans - as animals even - even. So, my tags can help you explore some of that depth, if not density or depravity, and follow wherever new connexions may lead you. I really think that, in this age of 2-d screens, and talking head sound bites, and push-button attention spans, there is a need for everyone to develop bigger pictures inside their own heads, if only to keep them from reacting so mechanically or emotionally. I have an illness that predisposes me to hyper-reacting and stressing out, so I know how important this is, to keep a cool head when all else around you are losing theirs. Yes, that was Rudyard Fucking Kipling who said that.