'Unrest' Film Sheds Light On 'Invisible' Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - / - AUDIO
This aired yesterday. Look for THE DOCUMENTARY! on PBS coming up on MONDAY!!!
Unrest by Jennifer Brea (Monday, January 8, 9:00-10:30 p.m Central Time.)
Jennifer Brea was studying for her PhD when, months before her wedding, she became progressively ill and finally bedridden. When told by her doctor it was “all in her head,” her response was to start filming other sufferers from her bed, gradually deploying crews globally to document the patients that medicine forgot. Unrest gives voice to the millions suffering from Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (M.E.) — commonly known as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome — telling the stories of people struggling to make a life of meaning when everything changes.
- Good REVIEW and Site!
- My Tags! - "UNREST" / Jen Brea / See also Laura Hillenbrand, Florence Nightingale & Joyce Riley
- 'Unrest' Director Turns Camera On Herself To Document Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- For People With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, More Exercise Isn't Better
- 20-Something Stroke Survivor On Recovery, The Brain And Parenting With Physical Challenges
- The New York Times: Jennifer Bréa, Omar Wasow